The Museum exhibits include a variety of historic buildings saved from destruction and preserved at this site. Each building contains artifacts and collections from the early days in the Owens Valley.
Take The Tour
The Museum buildings have been set up to represent a village surrounding the railroad depot. With the exception of the original depot and the agent's house, the original village of Laws was gone by 1959, the year before the railroad shut down. Pictured below are samples of our exhibits.
ORIGINAL 1883 AGENT HOUSE - Featuring antique furnishings and kitchen.
ORIGINAL 1883 DEPOT - Railroad memorabilia and model train displays
ENGINE #9 AND FREIGHT CARS - Climb into the cab and ring the bell
CARSON AND COLORADO CABOOSE #1 -
Built in 1883 in the V & T shops in Carson City
OLD SMOKEY AND THE FIRST AID CAR - Came from the Pine Creek Tungsten Mine. Restored and operational in 2008.
DEATH VALLEY CAR - 1927 Self-propelled car from the Death Valley Railroad. Restored in 2004, ride it during the summer. In the background are oil and water tanks used to refuel the steam locomotives.
ORIGINAL 1883 TURNTABLE - Tired and no longer spinning.
OLD GAS STATION
BOTTLE HOUSE - Extensive bottle display
RANCH HOUSE - Restored circa 1914 ranch house