36. School House

INSIDE
Turn-of-the-century desks, blackboards, more.
BUILDING’S ORIGIN
Built in 1909, it was located on Highway 6 very near the Inyo County line, four miles north of the Laws Museum.  It was later moved to Benton and converted into a residence.  It sat abandoned for many years before being donated and moved to Laws.  It was restored by volunteers.
< Home >

   

Return to Tour

 

"Preserving the History of Owens Valley and the Eastern Sierra"