For more information about the history of the Owens Valley, the Carson and Colorado Railroad, the Death Valley Railroad, and area visitor services, visit the following sites:
- Bishop Chamber of Commerce - Information on lodging, dining, and other activities
- Eastern California Museum - Independence, CA
- Lone Pine Museum of Film History - Lone Pine, CA
- Tonopah and Tidewater Railroad and Death Valley Railroad
- Southern Pacific Narrow Gauge Historical Society
- Carson and Colorado Railroad - History of the C&C railroad.
- Carson and Colorado Restoration Project - The web site for the group in Independence CA that is working on restoration of SP Engine #18.
- Eastern Sierra Roadside Heritage - Audio Stories from California's Eastern Sierra
- Death Valley 49ers - All volunteer organization, seeking to expand public awareness of Death Valley.
- Owens Valley History - The history of Owens Valley towns, pioneering families, and individual people who made Owens Valley what it is today.
- Railroads in Texas - This is a little bit about the history of railroads in Texas that we have posted as a request from a school class that found and liked our web site and requested we post theirs. We hope you find it interesting.